"My favourite part about teaching at RDS are the relationships I have with my colleagues, students, and parents. Working in a supportive community like this, I am reminded everyday that we all have one goal: student success in body, mind, and character. This partnership is what makes my job so rewarding." Ms. Anna Recknagel, Art Teacher
At RDS, we are proud of a comprehensive and culturally responsive Art Program that:
- Fosters creativity and development from a young age.
- Provides strong art history and cultural context to art.
- Engages students with innovative projects while being in line with the art education ideas of the Ontario Curriculum.
- Finds cross-cultural links to enhance students' understanding of art and meaning in a global context.
- Provides in-person Art Gallery experiences with the AGO and the unique resources available to us in our community.